I like to Eet Eet Eet, Eeples and Beneenees
Documenting: Husband called me on 10/17/2024 to let me know he has to travel to Asheville for work and to complain about his job. Didn't even ask about our sick kid who is home with a fever, but I let him know how he was doing anyway. Also didn't ask me about me, which is fine - don't care.
Just had to throw that one in there for shits and giggles.
In other news, I am working on the art of letting go.
Letting go of co-dependent worry and the need for everything to be "just right."
When plans fall through, because someone is sick or there's bad traffic or my kid has a spectrum related meltdown, I will not feel badly or apologize. I will understand that these things are just.... things that happen and not directly related to me.
I will stop thinking so much about my relationship. My husband does not typically ask me how I am, ask if I'm ok, check on how my day is going, or do activities that would create a stronger bond with me. When I try to talk about simple things, or raise issues that I'd like to resolve, he launches into a smear campaign, deflects, gaslights, and manipulates the situation. I have spent 20 long years trying to get his attention, and I am done doing that now. For now, I will remember who I was BEFORE I was his wife. I will focus on getting back into art, myth, Faeries, the Little People, nature, and all the things I used to love.
Comments
Post a Comment